Lundin Golf Club

Scroll courses A-Z

Overview

The Old Tom Morris' holes at Lundin Golf Club are 1, 2, 17 & 18.

16 is the template for CB Macdonald's "Leven" at NGLA

Lundin Golf Club Review

Take Sean Arble's tour of the course by clicking here


Golf Course Review

Lundin Golf Club is a fine links golf course in Leven, Fife, Scotland near St Andrews. The course is laid out on Largo Bay on the north side of the Firth of Forth.

Lundin Golf Club traces its origins to a combined layout shared with Leven Links. Dating from May 8, 1868, there was an 18 hole out and back Old Tom Morris layout with a clubhouse at either end. By 1908, golf was so popular that multiple clubs with more than 1400 members sharing two clubhouses and one links made the situation untenable. The clubs split each taking their respective holes east with Mile Dyke as the dividing line.

Further land was needed to layout 18 holes. Additional property was acquired away from the coast and James Braid called upon to make the most of it. A visit was made to the site on March 27, 1908, and work on the new links began in October of the same year. The course officially opened for play on November 29, 1909. Within a few years, some deficiencies were rectified with additional modifications.

The railway which ran alongside the course was closed in the 1960s. The club bought the land and old station from the Railway Company in 1971 allowing changes to be made to the 18th hole and to extend the practice ground. It could be said the course is a tale of two halves. The opening five holes are on classic linksland, the next nine are more parkland in nature with a return to linksland for the final four.

Golf Course Photography

Purchase photography of this course here.


Collections

This course features in these collections. Click an icon to view the entire set.


Visitor Information

Everything you need to know before you go!