Panmure Golf Club
The original 1899 links were designed by Old Tom Morris and built by R Duff of Edinburgh. The same team was used to build the St Andrews New Course and Muirfield!
In 1953, Ben Hogan spent two weeks at Panmure Golf Club to practice and prepare for the Open. Afterward, he went on to win The Open just two miles down the road at Carnoustie Golf Links.
Golf Course Review
Panmure Golf Club or Barry Links lies to the east of Dundee between Monifieth Golf Links and Carnoustie Golf Links. Set against the railway to the south, the Barry Links station is a few hundred metres from the 1st tee.
Panmure Golf Club Architectural History
The PGC played over the Monifieth Links before deciding to move to its present location and opened for play on October 7, 1899. They called upon Old Tom Morris to offer his opinion and suggestions before R Duff of Edinburgh built the course. In 1922, James Braid adjusted the design to the design we are familiar with today.
Panmure Golf Club - Videos
The Links Diary Video Montage of Panmure Golf Club
Watch Iona Stephen as she plays Panmure Golf Club
the average golfer plays panmure golf club
AeroPixel drones panmure golf club
Featured Architect: MacKenzie, Alister
As taken from his book, Golf Architecture, Alister MacKenzie felt the following were essential: The course, where possible, should be arranged in two loops of nine holes. There should be a large proportion of good two-shot holes and at least four one-shot holes. There should be little walking between...